Presented alongside each other, Observation & Reflexion are two works that confront the rational and emotional perception and representation of reality: An instalation with a lightbox, Observation depicts a mosaic of a Journey among unfamiliar places where emotion take control upon reason, in a spontaneous and instinctive record of a personal experience in a common world; Showed in the classic form of a picture frame, it is as a starting point towards the Reflexion pon different subjects regarding the human existence, in a calculated and measured exercise, Work supported through a Grant from the Portuguese Centre of Photography.
Concept, Direction, Production & Photography
João Pedro Marnoto
- Multimedia Centre, Espinho/Portugal (March 2005)
- Gil Vicente Academic Theatre, Coimbra/Portugal (May 2004)
- Famalicão Art Centre, Portugal (November 2003 - January 2004)
- Labirintho Gallery, Porto (May-July 2002)
- Lugar Comum/ Experimental Art Centre of Portuguese Arts and Ideas Club (October 2001)